skip to

This Page is HomeUpdates

What's New

Penta-Ocean Construction Co., Ltd.
Takuzo Shimizu, President, CEO and Representative Director

Received SBTi’s Official Validation for CO2 Emission Reduction Targets as aligned with “1.5 Degrees Trajectory”

Tokyo, Japan - Dec. 27, 2022 - Penta-Ocean Construction (President, Takuzo Shimizu) has been granted an official validation from The Science Based Targets Initiatives (SBTi)*1-1, which certifies our CO2 emission reduction target ambitions for FY 3/31 (formulated in May 2022)*1-2 as in line with a “1.5 degrees Celsius trajectory”.

Under our basic policy of “the greatest contribution to society is the construction of high-quality infrastructure”, we conduct CSR oriented management with focus on ESG. On the environmental front, we believe that responding to climate change issues is one of our most important management issues, and we undertake initiatives to reduce CO2 emissions from our construction activities

By promoting the construction of offshore wind power facilities and zero energy buildings (ZEB), we will strive to contribute to the development of a sustainable society through our core businesses.

*1-1 SBTi: The Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) is a coalition initiative established in 2015 by Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), the UN Global Compact, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and World Resources Institute (WRI), which encourages companies to set scientifically consistent CO2 reduction targets to achieve the goal to limit the rise in global temperature to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.


*1-2 Support for TCFD recommendations and related information disclosure (disclosed on May 13, 2022)

■Our Group's targets for CO2 reduction (in thousand ton -CO2)


*2 Scope 1: Direct emissions from fuel use by work vessels and heavy machinery
*3 Scope 2: Indirect emissions from the use of purchased electricity and heat
*4 Scope 3: Indirect emissions in the supply chain. Note that in FY 3/20, the base year, category 11 (CO2 emissions from the use of buildings after completion and delivery) accounted for 71% of Scope 3 emissions, Category 1 for 26%, and together they accounted for 97% of Scope 3 emissions