This Page is HomeUpdates
Penta-Ocean Construction Co., Ltd.
Regarding a confirmed case of novel Coronavirus
Tokyo, Japan – Mar. 5, 2020 - On March 4, 2020, we confirmed that one of our employees tested positive for novel Coronavirus. The infected employee worked in the office until February 25, had fever in the early morning of the 26th, visited a medical institution on the same day, and stayed home since then.
Under the instructions of local Public Health Center and our occupational physician, we have taken below measures to prevent the spread of infections, although we confirmed that we have no employees who had close contact with the infected employee.
- Notification to the business partners who may have come into contact with the infected employee within two weeks of the onset of illness
- Stay-at-home/telecommute order until March 10 to the employees who may have come into contact with the infected employee within two weeks of the onset of illness, followed by health monitoring
- Disinfection works in the building
Please note that we established a risk management committee for this matter, headed by the President and CEO. We instructed all our offices and branches including construction sites to take below prevention measures since February 26, 2020.
- No admittance to work location authorized to the employees who have a fever of 37.5 degree Celsius or higher
- Keeping hand-washing disinfectant and thermometer at work
- Introduction of off-peak commuting, flex time working without core-time setting and work from home
- Shortening working hours, introduction of work from home, provision of special paid holidays to employees who have elementary-age children or under
- Avoiding hosting or participating in mass participation events, lectures etc.
We will continue to give top priority to the safety of our clients, employees and their families and continue to implement the above necessary measures to prevent the spread of infection. We would appreciate your understanding.